(Dated 1st May 2018)
Under the terms of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Lincs Design Consultancy Ltd (LDC) is known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. The lawful basis for processing personal data is ‘contract’ and is necessary to fulfil contractual obligations and provide consultancy and advisory services.
At LDC we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our Privacy Notice explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, how information is stored and your rights.
What we collect
We may collect for communication purposes, personally identifiable information about you, such as:
- Full name
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postal address
- Other information relevant to your enquiry e.g site location and history.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a comprehensive service, and for the following reasons:
- To enable effective communication
- Internal enquiry/project records
- To provide professional advice
- To provide an estimate for your project
- To act as project manager
- To comply with the law regarding data sharing
Keeping your data secure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We are certified and verified annually by ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office). We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect, including:
- Data is encrypted and automatically backed-up daily to the cloud.
- Our IT systems are password protected
- Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of our data while it is in transit.
- Information sent via the postal system is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee its security while in transit.
- Information can be sent by Drop-box, upon request, this is encrypted, and password protected.
- Card payments are taken via a secure, online payment system provided by Global Payments Inc. Details are not stored once payment has been processed.
We use Google Analytics, an online analysis tool, to identify and monitor trends on our website, this is for our own internal purposes only. Individual IP addresses are not stored, but are transmitted from our site to Google who, anonymise the information and again, do not store.
Visitors can at any time opt out of Google Analytics by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on which can be found at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Disclosing your information
Marketing - We will not share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we do not pass on your details to other websites.
Your Project - We only disclose your contact information to third-party sub-contractors when it is to progress your project, for example, if an additional survey is required (ie. topographical/ archaeological).
How long is information stored
Your personal information will be kept for no longer than necessary. We are, however, required to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of six years under UK tax law, after which it will be destroyed.
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to request a copy of any information we store about you, amend any information that is incorrect and request that information stored about you be deleted.
How to contact us
If you wish to find out more information about how we use and store your personal data, check and update information, or request information stored about you be deleted - please contact us by either telephone 01507 611155, or alternatively via email email@example.com
We would seek to resolve directly all complaints about how we handle your personal information but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO (Information Commission office) office) :-
Information Commissioner’s office
T: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545745
Review of this policy
We keep this policy under regular review, any revisions will be available on our website lincsdesignconsultancy.co.uk, please do not hesitate to contact us if you require a paper copy.